Here is the link to Day One in case you missed it, click here!
Welcome to the "Hopping Through The Holidays" Blog Hop.
Come hop along with the design team members of Creative Kuts and Scrapping Bug Designs November 19th and 20th. You will see some awesome projects using both Creative Kuts and Scrapping Bug Designs paper piecing patterns. We’re super excited to be doing this hop together! Our design team members will be showcasing their amazing creations they have created especially for this hop. This hop will feature projects for both Thanksgiving and Christmas. Our intentions of doing this hop is to show each and everyone of you all the wonderful projects you can create using Creative Kuts and Scrapping Bug Designs paper piecings. We hope to give you some great ideas and inspiration through out this amazing blog hop.
Creative Kuts and Scrapping Bug Designs are offering an AMAZING couple of grand prizes also. Creative Kuts will be awarding one lucky winner a $100.00 Cash for their grand prize. Scrapping Bug Designs will be offering one lucky winner a $100.00 in free files. How about that?? Isn’t that awesome!!
To be eligible to win these wonderful grand prizes you MUST:
1) Go through the entire blog hop (both days) and leave a comment on EVERYONE'S post.
2) Become a FOLLOWER of everyone's blog (both days).
3) Visit Creative Kuts Store (you will need to do this to meet the last requirement)
(be sure to include the link to the store: http://www.creativekuts.com/)
4) Visit Scrapping Bug Designs Store (you will need to do this to meet the last requirement)
(be sure to include the link to the store: http://scrappingbugdesigns.com/)
5.) At the end of each day you will end at Creative Kuts and Scrapping Bug Designs blogs. You will need to leave them a comment stating you have made it through the entire hop and you will also need to leave in your comment what is your favorite pattern set in their store.
Be sure to hop through the entire hop both days to be eligible for the grand prizes, as well as all the other blog candy throughout! We hope you all enjoy this hop and find a lot of great ideas, inspiration, and most of all have loads of fun!!
Be sure to hop through the entire hop both days to be eligible for the grand prizes, as well as all the other blog candy throughout! We hope you all enjoy this hop and find a lot of great ideas, inspiration, and most of all have loads of fun!! Here is the link to day one in case you missed hopping on day one.(link Linn's blog http://www.linnsscrapshack.blogspot.com)
Remember you have to hop through both days to be eligible for the grand prizes.
Here is the complete lineup in case you get lost along the way.
1.Kandice: ~ http://www.kreativekandi.blogspot.com
2.Michelle Sheehan ~ http://michelles-scrappy-place.blogspot.com/
3.Tammy Luiz ~ http://scrapnewe.blogspot.com
4.Lisa Peters ~ http://handmadewithlove-lisa.blogspot.com/
5.Fabiola ~ http://www.mrssassycrafter.com
6. Tracey Geneau ~ http://traceyctmh.blogspot.com/
7. Lisa Pontious ~ http://honeybearzdesigns2011.blogspot.com/
8.Lisa Lamer Rhodes ~ http://www.lisakelly110803.blogspot.com
10. Ginny ~ http://cheezenwhinecrafting.blogspot.com/
11.Gaby B ~ http://www.thecraftydream.blogspot.com
12.Jamie L.~http://myamusinglife.blogspot.com <------You are here!
13. Liz Hagag~ http://scrappinwithstyle.blogspot.com/ <------Go here next!
14.Janet Royer ~ http://janetscreativeworld.blogspot.com/
15.Creative Kuts Blog ~ www.creativekuts.blogspot.com
16.Scrapping Bug Designs Blog ~ http://scrappingbugdesigns.blogspot.com
My first project is a candle using a Thanksgiving image.
The actual digi stamp hasn't been added to the store but check out what else they have and soon it should be up at Creative Kuts!
There is also a cutting file that is exactly the same as this and you can get there from here.
Directions on how to make a candle with a digi stamp:
Digi Stamp file
Sheet of cardstock
Markers (in my case copics)
1. I first took my cardstock and ran it through the printer and printed out the image I wanted.
2. Then I taped tissue paper with the shiny side facing up to the cardstock and put it in the printer the same way and printed on it again.
3. Afterwards you color the tissue paper in the way you want your digi stamp to look.
4. Cut the tissue paper off and position it on the candle the way you like it.
5. Take the wax paper and wrap it around where you can hold onto the extra pieces behind it.
6. Then take the heat gun and begin to heat the area where the tissue paper is at, you will notice a change as the tissue paper sets into the candle.
7. Take the wax paper off, if you still see some tissue paper you can quickly run the heat gun over that area.
8. Then you can add whatever you like to decorate extra on your candle, I used prima leaves around mine.
My next project is a Christmas project.
They are Christmas ornaments.
There isn't a digi file for these yet in the store but I will share the cut file. It is here.
I wanted to put these on my Christmas tree but it is no where to be found. :( I stickled them all and used copic markers on them.